Adult Bible Study Returns
The group will meet the 3rd Thursday of each month from 6:00-8:00 PM, beginning September 25th. Contact Gary Bennett or the church office to sign-up. Gary is also soliciting ideas for topics of study.
The Sophal Project
Special Giving for July / August
Many of you may remember when Pisey, a young Cambodian girl, visited Redeemer last year. She spoke about her sister, Sophal, who lives in an orphanage in Cambodia. Pisey told us that attempts to bring her sister to the U.S. have been unsuccessful and that Sophal will soon turn 18 years old and be put out of the orphanage. Young orphan girls on their own face an uncertain, lonely, and dangerous existence. Further education is the best chance for young people, like Sophal, to have a bright future.
All Saints Lutheran Church in Wales (Pastor Marcia served there) is helping Sophal and her orphanage. Funds are being sent to the orphanage to be used for supplemental secondary education after children age-out of the orphanage and for the continuing nutritional needs of the younger orphans.
All Saints volunteers are currently researching advanced educational opportunities for Sophal. It is a bit early to determine the form of her advanced education – however they are certain that she will not be on her own in the streets of Cambodia when she leaves the orphanage.
Please prayerfully consider using your July and August special giving envelopes to help educate and feed Sophal and her fellow orphans – giving them a chance to improve their lives. 100% of your dollars will be forwarded to All Saints’ Sophal Project. Thanks for your generous support.
Fall Book Study
Pastor Marcia is planning a book study for the Fall. The book is Reclaiming The “L” Word. This would be a monthly book study. If you are interested, please let Pastor Marcia know.
Vacation Bible School Wraps Up
This year’s vacation bible school enjoyed a fun-filled 3 days – August 5th-7th.
Click on a picture to see a larger version.
New Email Address
We have changed our email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our old email address will forward to the new one – so no communications will be disrupted. However, you may want to make this change in your email “contacts” list.
Help Wanted: Sunday School Teachers
One of the wonderful things about Sunday School teachers is that we always need more! One of the frustrating and challenging things about Sunday School teachers is that we always need more! It’s wonderful because there is room for you – please don’t sit back and think that Redeemer is such a great congregation that, surely, we already have enough Sunday School teachers. Make the decision to join us this year.
Five reasons you should teach:
1. The students are delightful: They will enrich your spirit, expand your horizons and grow your faith – you need them in your life!
2. The lessons are easy to used and flexible: They will challenge your thinking, give you new ways of sharing your faith, and deepen your own relationship with Jesus. The lesson plans and materials have been selected and provided for you.
3. The time commitment is flexible: You commit to a specific Sunday or series of Sundays throughout the year.
4. The teamwork is uplifting: The community of Christian Ed leaders will encourage you and help you feel the creative energy of the Spirit. Newcomers will be paired with experienced
5. You promised: Every time we baptize a child we are asked: Do you, the members of the church, vow to guide and nurture these children by word and deed, with love and prayer, encouraging them to know and follow Christ and to become faithful members of his church? Volunteering to lead Sunday School is a terrific way to make good on this vital promise.
To learn more about our Christian Ed team please contact Jennifer Arvidson at 262-224-2576 or email@example.com. Or contact Pastor Marcia. We’d love to have you on our team this year!
Pictures From Our Recent Events
Community Free Lunch
Served the last Saturday of each month at St. Aidan’s starting at 11:30 a.m. Come for community fellowship and a good meal. If you are interested in volunteering, please talk to Barb Menden.
Food Pantry Sunday
The third Sunday of each month has been designated as Food Pantry Sunday. Please bring non perishable items and place them in the barrel in the Information Area.