August Herald Newsletter Now Available
The August issue of our newsletter is now here. Click on the “Herald” icon on the right side of this page to view a PDF version. Read it online, print it, or download it. Also, a limited number of copies will be available in the narthex.
“We Own Nothing” – New – From Pastor Marcia’s Heart
Read Pastor Marcia’s thoughts regarding our offerings to God on her page – “From Pastor Marcia’s Heart”.
NEW – Pastor Marcia’s Sermons
To read selected sermons from Pastor Marcia – go to the Worship>Sermons page.
New Email Address
We have changed our email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our old email address will forward to the new one – so no communications will be disrupted. However, you may want to make this change in your email “contacts” list.
Vacation Bible School – August 5th, 6th, and 7th
Redeemer Lutheran has a need for a part-time custodian. The job is 5 hours per week, on average – sometimes more if the church needs more cleaning. You can make your own schedule. There is a job description for your review. If you are interested or know someone that might be interested please email Don Horen email@example.com. The custodian need not be a Redeemer member, but the association would help.
Help Wanted: Sunday School Teachers
One of the wonderful things about Sunday School teachers is that we always need more! One of the frustrating and challenging things about Sunday School teachers is that we always need more! It’s wonderful because there is room for you – please don’t sit back and think that Redeemer is such a great congregation that, surely, we already have enough Sunday School teachers. Make the decision to join us this year.
Five reasons you should teach:
1. The students are delightful: They will enrich your spirit, expand your horizons and grow your faith – you need them in your life!
2. The lessons are easy to used and flexible: They will challenge your thinking, give you new ways of sharing your faith, and deepen your own relationship with Jesus. The lesson plans and materials have been selected and provided for you.
3. The time commitment is flexible: You commit to a specific Sunday or series of Sundays throughout the year.
4. The teamwork is uplifting: The community of Christian Ed leaders will encourage you and help you feel the creative energy of the Spirit. Newcomers will be paired with experienced
5. You promised: Every time we baptize a child we are asked: Do you, the members of the church, vow to guide and nurture these children by word and deed, with love and prayer, encouraging them to know and follow Christ and to become faithful members of his church? Volunteering to lead Sunday School is a terrific way to make good on this vital promise.
To learn more about our Christian Ed team please contact Jennifer Arvidson at 262-224-2576 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or contact Pastor Marcia. We’d love to have you on our team this year!
Pictures From Our Recent Events
Adult Forum and Adult Bible Study Reminders
Sunday Adult Forum sessions will resume in the Fall, beginning September 14th at 9:15am in the Fireside room. The topic is to be determined.
Monday Night Adult Bible Study has concluded and a date to resume in the Fall will be set in August.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Community Free Lunch
Served the last Saturday of each month at St. Aidan’s starting at 11:30 a.m. Come for community fellowship and a good meal. If you are interested in volunteering, please talk to Barb Menden.
Food Pantry Sunday
The third Sunday of each month has been designated as Food Pantry Sunday. Please bring non perishable items and place them in the barrel in the Information Area.