Sunday Adult Forum
The Adult Forum will begin Sunday, September 14th between services at 9:15 in the Fireside Room. We will discuss subjects of interest to the group including items from Bible Study, Lutheran Theology and Faith, Issues in Contemporary Faith and Life. Consider joining us. You don’t have to be there every Sunday so please come when you can.
Week Night Adult Study
The Week Night Adult Study group will resume meeting on Thursday night, September 25th, at 6:00 PM in the Fireside Room. This year we will meet once a month on the fourth Thursday of the month at 6:00 PM. The first several discussions will be centered on prayer. If prayer is the place where God and human beings meet then we should try to learn about it and understand it and its place in our lives. We will consider questions like:
• Does prayer work? Does it work the way we think it should?
• Is God listening? Why should he and why should He care?
• Why do so many prayers go unanswered? Or do they? Does it really help with physical healing?
• Why does God let the world go on as it does and not intervene?
• Does prayer change God or change me?
• If God knows everything, what’s the point?
• What importance does God place on prayer? Why should we value prayer?
Please plan on joining us. The discussion should be very interesting. Contact Gary Bennett or the church office to sign-up.
Strategic Planning Luncheon & Meeting – Oct. 5th
There will NOT BE AN 8:00AM SERVICE SUNDAY OCTOBER 5TH. The Strategic Planning Team needs our participation at the Sunday Luncheon and follow up discussion. By having only the 10:30AM service, attending the luncheon and discussion becomes more convenient.
The Strategic Planning Team is inviting you to stay after the 10:30 service on Sunday, October 5th for lunch and some interesting discussion regarding our historical reflections of Redeemer Lutheran Church’s past. NO PACKER GAME THAT SUNDAY.
This is Step One towards Discerning Our Congregation’s Future. More information on this subject at today’s service and more services to come. We believe this will intrigue you and give you a warm feeling about Redeemer.
We will need some help from the great cooks and bakers in this congregation. We will let you know of our needs.
Thank you in advance for putting this on your calendar.
Fall Book Study
Pastor Marcia is planning a book study for the Fall. The book is Reclaiming The “L” Word. This would be a monthly book study. If you are interested, please let Pastor Marcia know.
Vacation Bible School Wraps Up
This year’s vacation bible school enjoyed a fun-filled 3 days – August 5th-7th.
Click on a picture to see a larger version.
New Email Address
We have changed our email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our old email address will forward to the new one – so no communications will be disrupted. However, you may want to make this change in your email “contacts” list.
Help Wanted: Sunday School Teachers
One of the wonderful things about Sunday School teachers is that we always need more! One of the frustrating and challenging things about Sunday School teachers is that we always need more! It’s wonderful because there is room for you – please don’t sit back and think that Redeemer is such a great congregation that, surely, we already have enough Sunday School teachers. Make the decision to join us this year.
Five reasons you should teach:
1. The students are delightful: They will enrich your spirit, expand your horizons and grow your faith – you need them in your life!
2. The lessons are easy to used and flexible: They will challenge your thinking, give you new ways of sharing your faith, and deepen your own relationship with Jesus. The lesson plans and materials have been selected and provided for you.
3. The time commitment is flexible: You commit to a specific Sunday or series of Sundays throughout the year.
4. The teamwork is uplifting: The community of Christian Ed leaders will encourage you and help you feel the creative energy of the Spirit. Newcomers will be paired with experienced
5. You promised: Every time we baptize a child we are asked: Do you, the members of the church, vow to guide and nurture these children by word and deed, with love and prayer, encouraging them to know and follow Christ and to become faithful members of his church? Volunteering to lead Sunday School is a terrific way to make good on this vital promise.
To learn more about our Christian Ed team please contact Jennifer Arvidson at 262-224-2576 or email@example.com. Or contact Pastor Marcia. We’d love to have you on our team this year!
Pictures From Our Recent Events
Community Free Lunch
Served the last Saturday of each month at St. Aidan’s starting at 11:30 a.m. Come for community fellowship and a good meal. If you are interested in volunteering, please talk to Barb Menden.
Food Pantry Sunday
The third Sunday of each month has been designated as Food Pantry Sunday. Please bring non perishable items and place them in the barrel in the Information Area.